Being a small business owner has many challenges. One of the biggest? Not enough time to get everything you feel you need to done. That’s why it’s super important to prioritize and choose the activities that are going to have the biggest impact on your business.
One of the easy ways to do this is to be strategic about which social media platforms to use for your online business.
New social media platforms seem to pop up every day and it can easily feel like you should be doing all of them.
My biggest piece of advice: Whichever platforms you choose for your small business, it’s best to focus on one or two social media networks and do them well, rather than feel like you need to be on everyone and half-ass the lot of them.
It can be really tempting to think you have do every new shiny thing that pops up but there are some big reasons why you shouldn’t approach it this way:
- There’s nothing worse than an inactive profile – this will do way more damage than good to your brand
- You have to take the time to truly engage on each profile (not just sharing your stuff) so realistically you need 1-2 hours minimum a week for each platform you choose per week to make a dent. If you choose everything – will you have the type of time needed to really engage on each platform?
- Some platforms will have little or no impact on your business. Why waste your time on them if it requires you to create a type of content you don’t enjoy or isn’t where your customers hang out?
So how do you choose which networks to be on?
It comes to which social networks are going to have the biggest impact for your business. Here are 4 questions to ask that will help you decide:
- Where do you target customers hang out?
- What type of content do you like creating?
- What type of content best showcases your work?
- What platforms do you just plain hate or love?
Take action now!
Need some help choosing? Download and take the quiz by click on the image below
Take action on this post with these 3 steps or save it for later (will be on your dashboard).
|1||Download the Social Media Decision Matrix|
|2||Ask or find where your customers hang out online|
|3||Choose 1-3 social media platforms to focus on|
Download the FREE Monthly Content Planning Kit that you can use right away to start creating amazing content easily + consistently